Introduction to Capillary Electrophoresis – Fundamentals and Operating Principles
- 1 Individual user
- Unlimited course access for a 12-month (365-day) period
- 16 Modules
- 4 Hours of Self-paced Validated Learning
Click to try the first training module available for free. This will give you a good indication of how the training works.
All courses are broken down into manageable modules and presented in a logical manner for effective learning. We would recommend that users run through each course in the module order provided for the best learning experience.
You will be able to download a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from the ‘My Account’ section once all modules of a course have been completed and all quiz questions answered correctly. (Don’t worry, you can attempt the questions as many times as you like.)
If you use capillary electrophoresis (CE) in your work and want a better understanding of the technique, or want to start with CE and want to be well prepared, this course is for you. The course is designed for analytical scientists and technicians who use CE in their regular job, but also lab managers and quality assurance or regulatory people who need to review CE work might find it useful. No previous CE training is assumed, however, much of the course will also appeal to the experienced scientist who wants a firm ground in the basics of CE. Topics covered include
- The basic principles of capillary electrophoresis
- Ten different modes of CE, including CZE, CGE and cIEF
- Equipment and operational details
- Treatment of the capillary, the separation column
- Electrokinetic and hydrodynamic injection
- Multiple detection mechanisms
- Corrected peak areas explained
- How to get started with method development and how to predict the migration order
- Tips for successful implementation of CE in your lab
After this course, you will understand the fundamentals of capillary electrophoresis and many of its working modes. What you have learned will demystify the secrets of CE. With a better understanding of the different CE modes, you will be better able to select the proper one for your analytical question. You have acquired many tips on and understanding of instrumental parameters so that your next CE method development will be more successful. You will find that the perplexing and frustrating issues you experienced have simple and logical solutions and you will have learned to prevent them. And you will learn all that is needed for the successful implementation of CE in your lab.
Will I receive a discount for multiple individual courses?
Yes, benefit from a 15% discount when signing up for 2 to max. 4 individual LC and/or GC courses. Apply coupon code BUNDLE15OFF during checkout.
What are the course payment options?
How and when do I get my username and password to access the course(s)?
- Instant access: users who sign up for individual course(s) and pay with a credit card via our shop, will get immediate course access.
- Manual account set-up: those who sign up for multiple user access (Site Licence) and the ‘Interpretation of Mass Spectra’ course or those individual users who asked to be billed directly, will be contacted via email to help set up your course access.
There are multiple potential users at my site – can I purchase access at a site level?
Yes, ATS offers site licences, whereby unlimited users from a single geographic site can access all courses for a 12-month period. For more details and pricing, please see our Course Library.