LC-MS/MS for Chromatographers
- 1 Individual user
- Unlimited course access for a 12-month (365-day) period
- 42 Modules
- 10.5 Hours of Self-paced Validated Learning
Click to try the first training module available for free. This will give you a good indication of how the training works.
All courses are broken down into manageable modules and presented in a logical manner for effective learning. We would recommend that users run through each course in the module order provided for the best learning experience.
You will be able to download a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from the ‘My Account’ section once all modules of a course have been completed and all quiz questions answered correctly. (Don’t worry, you can attempt the questions as many times as you like.)
With the introduction of the mass spectrometer (MS) as a practical detector for a high-performance liquid chromatograph (LC or HPLC) in the early 1990s, LC-MS began to be used for routine applications. One form of LC-MS uses a tandem MS (LC-MS/MS), that has become the go-to instrument for quantitative analysis of drugs in biological matrices in the pharmaceutical laboratory. As they have become more widely used and understood, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS have found their way into environmental applications, synthetic chemistry, protein analysis,
and many other areas. LC-MS/MS has moved from a technique available only to skilled experts in both HPLC and MS to a routine tool usable much as any other HPLC detector.
You will find that this introductory course in LC-MS/MS will give you a good foundation of understanding the technique and how to use it in your daily work. We start out with an overview of different MS techniques, and focus in the majority of the course on the quadrupole mass spectrometer. You will learn how MS works, how ions are produced and fragmented. Sections focus on qualitative, as well as quantitative analysis. Each part of the process, calibration, tuning, sample preparation, HPLC method development, and MS method development are covered. Many tricks and techniques of practical use are presented.
Here’s what the course covers:
- MS operation, including the operation of the most popular LC-MS interfaces
- How a quadrupole mass filter works
- MS calibration and optimization
- Ion production, fragmentation, and detection
- Operation in MS, MS/MS, and MS/MS/MS modes
- Structure determination by product ion analysis
- Quantitative analysis
- Sample preparation
- Method development
- Techniques to get the most from your LC-MS
Will I receive a discount for multiple individual courses?
Yes, benefit from a 15% discount when signing up for 2 to max. 4 individual LC and/or GC courses. Apply coupon code BUNDLE15OFF during checkout.
What are the course payment options?
How and when do I get my username and password to access the course(s)?
- Instant access: users who sign up for individual course(s) and pay with a credit card via our shop, will get immediate course access.
- Manual account set-up: those who sign up for multiple user access (Site Licence) and the ‘Interpretation of Mass Spectra’ course or those individual users who asked to be billed directly, will be contacted via email to help set up your course access.
There are multiple potential users at my site – can I purchase access at a site level?
Yes, ATS offers site licences, whereby unlimited users from a single geographic site can access all courses for a 12-month period. For more details and pricing, please see our Course Library.